One of the main activities of our organization is educational, and it is carried out by ACHA ACADEMY, an institution that, together with renowned organizations and Universities in Latin America and Spain – University of Buenos Aires (UBA), Austral University, the Barceló Foundation, among others – offers courses, degrees and master’s degrees for healthcare professionals.
Launch of ACHA Educational Programs
Within the framework of the launch of ACHA-Americas Continental Health Alliance educational programs, on September 24, 2021 ACHA and the University of Buenos Aires (UBA) Medicine College public Health Department Innovation Lab, offered a series of webinars on Digital Health-related topics.
This series of 4 virtual meetings is aimed at healthcare professionals and companies, hospitals and the pharmaceutical industry, interested in the development of new information and communication technologies, their use and application in their field, and their impact on quality of care, information security and continuous improvement.
September 24th, 2021
Webinar: Internal innovation
The first speaker was Agustina Briatore (pediatrician and health informatics specialist, Digital Health Consultant – Continuum), and she addressed the following topics:
- How to transform a company into an innovation laboratory
- Open and collaborative innovation
- Open innovation tools
- Hackathon as an innovation tool.
- Successful experiences in the Innovation Laboratory
October 1st, 2021
Webinar: Clinical Decision Support Systems. CDSS
The second webinar took place on October 1st 2021. Damian Borbolla (Professor in the Department of Biomedical Informatics at the University of Utah) talked about Clinical Decision Support Systems, CDSS:
- How to use information to make better decisions
- How to design systems that help decision-making and make work easier.
- How to know whether the technological interventions we design are having an impact on patient care.
- First steps to develop a CDSS
October 15th, 2021
Webinar: Information Security
In the third webinar of this Series, Marcelo Carrascal (CIO Hospital Provincial Neuquén. BA in computer science) addressed the following topics:
- Information security fundamentals
- Information security vs computing security
- Security and privacy
- Information security in health
- Security culture in the organization.
October 22nd, 2021
Webinar: Artificial Intelligence
In the last webinar of this first 4-webinar series, César Riat – AI Leader in Buenos Aires City Government – talked about:
- AI digital image processing
- Current uses of AI for digital image processing
- Use of AI for pathology detection
- How to create Artificial intelligence
- Making a team for my AI and its costs
- Should I buy AI services or create my own AI?
October 28th, 2021
Webinar: BlockChain in Healthcare | Success Cases
Alex Cahana, MD
Blockchain Healthcare Expert for United Nations I ADA Labs Africa I ACHA-Americas Continental Health Alliance Board member
INTRODUCTION TO BLOCKCHAIN IN HEALTHCARE
Camilo Rodriguez Blanco
Crypto asset technical analyst since 2015.
Founding partner of CR ACADEMIA & OTC-TRADER
- Introduction to Blockchain as a technology and the importance of decentralization
- Data security and traceability
- Interoperability and user interface (User experience with Blockchain-based medicine apps)
- Management of private diagnoses. (Blockchained user identity)
- Experimental examples
HOW TO APPLY SMART CONTRACTS IN HEALTH
Maria Mercedes Etchegoyen.
Intellectual Property / Blockchain
Lawyer, specialist in intellectual property; specialized in Blockchain
- People´s global medical identities of people
- Private diagnostics libraries for the use of data science and machine learning
- Potential uses
- Current regulations and standards for the use of Blockchain in healthcare